Wednesday 17 October 2018

Useful resources to improve your English



Let's start with ones that help you to improve your listening, speaking and pronunciation skills.
 Professor Higgins multimedia soft needs to be noted here as it will help you to get rid of your accent in English (of course you need to work hard). This programm really helps to understand and imitate native English patterns of speech. 



When it comes to reading and writing skills Extensive Reading Central comes to help. Here are you are given an opportunity to learn words, but also you can read or listen stories as well as books in english for free. So, you should definitely give it a try!


To improve your Grammar go to Focus on Grammar and fill in the blanks in any topic you are not sure about. 

And, finally, vocabulary. Here all the existing online-dictionaries are helpful. But, if these ones are common for us, most people still don't know or just don't use various resourses that can not only help find a neccessary definition for needed word, but also memorize it once and for good! The Internet Picture Dictionary gives you not only definitions, but also a picture of a word you choose. As for me, I find it helpful  (as I really need to see the thing I'm trying to remember) especially when your knowledge of the language isn't too deep. Also, there are some quizzes to test yourself in a variety of ways using one of the interactive learning activities.
What am I using now as a student?
Being a 4th year student is difficult. The diciplines that we have are also not so simple to cope with and sometimes you just need to remember so many things which is quite hard I would say. So, for instance, I use Flashcard Machine to memorize the words for PIO lectures or to learn by heart the words on politics for our lectures on translation. I used to do this with paper cards, but now I have an opportunity to add even pictures to create better associations that will help me to remember the word better. The only disadvantage there is that you need to sign up to work there, but I hope it won't get in your way to learn all your words!
To sum up
There are so many various resourses for us to learn not only English, but in general, for learning almost everything! But, I'll give you a piece of advice: choose thoroughly and don't hurry to get rid of your good old Grammar books.😉  
Tschüß!😘
Be persistent in your learning and one day you will have a ride on this bus!😉


6 comments:

  1. A very informative and colourful review! Thank you very much, I will examine all the suggested resources, especially "Flashcard mashine"))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also prefer such sites as FlashCardMachine and Extensive Reading Central. And I think that I will try such a new web-site as Focus on Grammar to improve my English grammar. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed you statement about bus :)
    You have chosen very topical and up-to-date apps for language learning^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think after your post I fell in love with the "Flashcard Machine"!!! Awesome!!))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! It is a good one, but I also recommend you to try Lexilize flashcards App;)

      Delete
  5. Julia,thank you for information!Now i can't imagine my life without these programs!Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

MALL

To dive deeper in the topic of mobile learning I would like to start with the core principles of the latter. So, yere they are. Main princ...