Wednesday 7 November 2018

My WIKI experience



Hi! Today I'm going to tell you about WIKIs. 
Wiki is a web technology used for collaborative publishing on the web. Wiki is a type of server software that allows you to work with data on a remote server on the Web. Users interact with the software through a web interface that lets them read, edit and publish content.
All the information about WIKIs you can find on their home page. But, my goal for today is to get my own wiki experience and share my opinion with you. So, let's get started! For this purpose I went to Teflpedia - is a wiki dedicated to everything associated with teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) or second language (TESL). 
There you can find everything from questions to discuss in class to debates to participate in! I think, it's not only topical, but also interestingly presented for teachers of englih all over the world. It's amazing how every single teacher all over the world can share his/her own experience in teaching english and probably give a piece of advice to others, meanwhile taking into consideration others' advice.
So, I've chosen to participate in debate on the topic of "Accuracy vs Fluency". Firstly, I read about pros and cons of each one and then I found out other people's opinion on this topic (which is one of the pressing ones, actually) and decided to leave my own comment. 
Here it is!
Also, I would like to share a link with you https://friends.fandom.com/wiki/Friends_Wiki. On http://fandom.wikia.com you may find so much interesting about your favourite games, films, or series (just like I did). And the best thing is that you can edit your information related to the topic to improve the article, for instance. I'm a fan of F.R.I.E.N.D.S and when I found Friends Central - a collaborative encyclopedia for everything related to NBC's Friends I was sooo happy to take part in polls related to the series, read different amazing articles on it and even edit them. If you are crazy about it go there right now! If you are not go, watch a series (or read a summury on a season) and become one of us!



It's all for today. Go there, explore, find a Wiki that would be interesting for you and share your experience. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MALL

To dive deeper in the topic of mobile learning I would like to start with the core principles of the latter. So, yere they are. Main princ...